The HWEA Constitution & Bylaws were last revised in May 2018. The 2018 HWEA Constitution and Bylaws can be viewed here. Major changes in the 2018 document are listed below:
- Simplify Membership classifications to match WEF in perpetuity.
- Separate Secretary-Treasurer position and duties (Secretary is entry position).
- Increase Board to 7 members.
- Add Vice-PWO position description.
- Add duties and function of immediate Past President.
- Give President ability to Sunset committees that are no longer viable.
- Nomination Committee should be headed by Past President.
- Define Standing committee.
- Added Special committees.
- Added Outer Island committees.
- Give Board ability to vote by e-mail as long as all board members vote.
The previous version of the HWEA Constitution & Bylaws was adopted on May 9, 2014. This version can be downloaded as a PDF here. The HWEA Constitution & Bylaws are also included within the HWEA Reference Manual as Appendix B.