The Western Society for Trenchless Technology (WESTT), the western chapter of NASTT, has graciously invited HWEA members to participate in their free trenchless webinar series. Please see below for details.
|Event End Date||07-30-2020|
HWEA is sharing Mālama Sessions which will be a series of virtual talk-stories with leaders in our profession. Our guest speakers will share their manaʻo (ideas), offering glimpses into regulatory history and values that mold our Hawaiʻi wastewater community.
Join us for the continued building of understanding “Mālama Ethic”, developed by the late Senator Kenneth F. Brown, with our second engaging conversation, Mai Ka Pō Mai. (Returning to pō), featuring guest Brad Kaʻalelo Wong, Office of Hawaiian Affairs Papahānaumokuākea Program Specialist.
October 14, 2021 at 11 am
Mai Ka Pō Mai is a culmination of over 10 years of discussions to provide a Native Hawaiian perspective into Papahānaumokuākea management. Papahānaumokuākea is significant because it demonstrates that:
- Providing Native Hawaiian voices equal footing with federal and state entities in a complex management structure can lead to the successful stewardship of our most precious natural and cultural resources; and,
- Traditional indigenous management is a best management practice that can be replicated elsewhere in Hawaiʻi and throughout the globe.
For more information visit: https://www.oha.org/maikapomai
We encourage participants to get engaged in asking questions about the extraordinary history and culture that shaped Hawaiʻi’s environment. We ask in return that you will carry these manaʻo to guide our decision making and the next generation of leaders. We hope to see you on the virtual Mālama Session.
|Event Date||10-14-2021 11:00 am|
January 18, 2022, 11am-1pm Hawaii Standard Time
Free for all ACECH and HWEA members (but registration is required)
Audience: Engineers of all levels
Please join us for a discussion about harnessing energy from wastewater!
Register by January 16, 2022 at this link
(A viewing link will be sent to all registrants on January 17, 2022)
- Wes Yokoyama, City and County of Honolulu, Department of Environmental Services
- Sarah Deslauriers, Carollo Engineers, Inc.
- Adam Ross, Brown and Caldwell
- Matt Noesen, Jacobs
- Moderator: Cari Ishida, Carollo Engineers, Inc.
|Event Date||01-18-2022 11:00 am|
|Event End Date||01-18-2022 1:00 pm|
|Individual Price||Details in content|