Despite the unusual year we are all experiencing, HWEA is happy to announce that we are still offering our scholarship program for 2021! HWEA offers two $2,000 scholarships every year to provide financial assistance to HWEA members and their dependents seeking higher education, and to encourage academic excellence. Awardee(s) will be invited to the HWEA Conference awards luncheon at no charge to receive their award.
- Any dues-paying member of HWEA (including PWO) or member’s dependent (claimed as a dependent on the member’s most recent income tax return). Preference is given to member dependents.
- Must be at least a freshman in the Fall 2021 semester at a college or university, enrolled full-time in a bachelors, masters, or doctorate degree program.
- Curriculum of study (or major) to include engineering, public health, or natural sciences (e.g. biology, chemistry, geology, microbiology, oceanography, physics, etc.), as related to the protection and enhancement of the water environment and associated public health.
- Previous HWEA scholarship awardees are not eligible.
In order to be considered, applicants must submit the proper application form (both pages), provide an official transcript of grades for the most recent academic year and submit a letter of application, including the following application form and the items listed in Item 6. of the application form.
- Applications must be submitted (or postmarked) no later than December 31, 2020.
- Awards will be announced at the HWEA Conference on February 4, 2021 (date subject to change).
- Awards will be available for Fall 2021 (or Spring 2021, if already enrolled at a college/university) and will be presented to the recipient upon proof of registration.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
SARA LIN (Phone: 768-8752, Email: Sara@tlcghawaii.com).