To provide financial assistance to HWEA members and their dependents seeking higher education, and to encourage academic excellence.
- Any dues-paying member of HWEA (including PWO) or member’s dependent (claimed as a dependent on the member’s most recent income tax return). Preference is given to member
- Must be at least a freshman in the Fall 2022 semester at a college or university, enrolled full-time in a bachelors, masters, or doctorate degree program. Proof of enrollment will be required
upon notice of award.
- Curriculum of study (or major) to include engineering, public health, or natural sciences (e.g. biology, chemistry, geology, microbiology, oceanography, physics, etc.), as related to
the protection and enhancement of the water environment and associated public health.
- Previous HWEA scholarship awardees are not eligible.
Up to two $2,000 awards may be made each year. Awardee(s) will be recognized at the 2022 Pacific Water Conference awards ceremony. For the 2022 year, the awards ceremony will be conducted
virtually and awardee(s) may be asked to submit an acceptance speech recording and headshot.
In order to be considered, applicants must submit the proper application form (both pages), provide an official transcript of grades for the most recent academic year and submit a letter of application,
including the following application form and the items listed in Item 6 of the application form.
The number of awards to be made and the selection of the awardee(s) will be determined by the HWEA Executive Committee. Consideration will be given to applicants who are dedicated to their
fields and have set goals for themselves which are consistent with the advancement of the objectives of WEF and HWEA.
- Applications must be submitted (or postmarked) no later than January 19, 2022
- Awards will be announced at the HWEA Conference on February 3, 2022. (date subject to change)
- Awards will be available for Fall 2022 (or Spring 2022, if already enrolled at a college/university) and will be presented to the recipient upon proof of registration.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
KAYSON SMITH-BEJGROWICZ (Phone: 808-469-2331, Email: Ksbejgrowicz@carollo.com)
APPLICATION FORMS MAY BE REPRODUCED.